Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween !!!

I love Halloween!!! It's so much fun playing dress up, handing out and receiving candy, seeing all the kids having the night of their life, and especially all the decorations. I don't celebrate it half as much as most but we definitely like to have fun with it ! 
This year I decided to be a deer (yes I know that it was last years big thing), and my sweet little one decided to be Minnie Mouse.  We wished daddy could have been with us but he had surgery and was stuck on the couch playing Destiny and eating pizza. I am sure he didn't mind too much ;] Of course he had our little protector Ruffus protecting him hehehe. I wish I could have taken a picture of Ruffus in his dinosaur costume, but I could not get him to stay still. If you don't own a puppy boxer, they are very energetic so getting them to stay still for a moment is like raking leaves in a wind storm . It's just not going to happen LOL.  
This is my sweet girls little friend. She joined us for the night and man was she hilarious. 

Quick story time 

We came up to one of the houses and the couple did an outstanding job making it look creepy. One of those creepy items was a big box with the husband inside. The front was see through with blood all over, and he was banging it telling kids to come here, and to let him out. My little one was so freaked out that she was hanging onto me for dear life. And her friend who is around 5 I believe , looked at the guy like he was just plain stupid , and she just went up to grab her candy . If you could have seen the look you would have been dying of laughter like I was.

While out we saw loads of our friends and one of them decided to do the coolest thing in the world. She not only made the coolest little yarn ball monsters for kids, but instead of candy she gave them a cool coupon for free ice cream! Way better then candy I say ! 
One amazing trend that took place this year was the turquoise pumpkin's and non-food items for children with allergies. How amazing is that ! I believe I saw 10 plus houses who joined in. And we only went to about 1/4 of the houses ! Things have been changing so much in the school and neighborhoods and I have to say I love it. The support and kindness for children with food allergies is astounding .

Well I hope you all had a happy Halloween !!! And if anyone happens to read this I would love to see what you did and what you were for Halloween this year :]

No comments:

Post a Comment